In March 2013, Rainy River First Nations began the construction of 3 large solar projects located in the townships of Dawson and Morley, just west of Rainy River First Nations.
These projects have:
• Generated an estimated $16 million in revenue in the first year
• Guaranteed $2 million in profit to the Community for 20 years
• Employed up to 250 people during construction
• Created jobs in operations and ongoing maintenance
Benefits to the Community:
• Economic – Yearly income of $2 million to the Community
• Cultural and Environmental – Respect to Mother Earth and help reduce greenhouse gas emissions
• Employment – Opportunities for Community members and local contractors
Attend the “Alternative Energy & Food Sovereignty National Conference and Tradeshow” to learn more about successes like Rainy River First Nations, and find out more about how to help build your Community to build a self-sufficient sustainable economic future.
Click here for more details